Saturday, October 09, 2010

Turning 30...







So as September approached I had lots of mixed feelings about turning 30. It just kind of snuck up on me and its not that there are things that I wanted to do while I was in my 20’s or that it really thought being 30 would be any different I just simply didn’t want to turn 30 I was very content being in my 20’s. So with support from James and a very good friend I faced it head on and decided that if I was going to turn 30 well I would make it an event to remember. Oh now the options began. What to do where to go and who to celebrate it. Really if I wanted I could have done anything I wanted the options were endless.

Leah and I had already set our plans on having a combined 70th birthday party but that would be much later in the month as to fit in with other plans. So I knew that I would at that point get to enjoy the company of lots of friends. So on the weekend of my actual birthday I decided that I would do something just for me be a little selfish and indulgent.

For some time now I have been thinking of having a “Girls Weekend” away either in a hotel or camping and so one night sitting on the couch I came up with the idea again and thought what a better way to bring in a new era in my life then to be surrounded by lovely wonderful ladies and indulge not only myself but all of them also.

So the planning began and with very little effort the weekend was set. I had booked the 2 bedroom Presidential Penthouse Apartment at the Wydham vacations resort for 2 nights only about 2 kms from home here and it only cost me $100 for housekeeping. So then I had to come up with a list of ladies to join me. This was one of the hardest parts I have so many wonderful people who I wanted to share the weekend with but I could only ask 5 ladies for each night as the space was limited to max 6 people. The list was decided on and I have to thank – Mum, Leah, Kazza, Mumma, Effie, Belinda, Linda, Di, Desiree and Liz for making the weekend surely one that I will never forget.

So what did we do for the whole weekend you say well we ate lots and lots of VERY yummy food and drank plenty of bubbles and wine and cocktails and we got pedicures and gave ourselves facials and we sat and talked and talked and talked. One of the highlights I have to say was heading to my favourite sushi bar for lunch. It was a wonderful atmosphere and fantastic sushi.

I have to make special mention to Desiree and Leah who bought in birthday cakes to help me make wishes on and share with everyone. Desiree bought a cheese cake and Leah bought the best cupcakes I have ever seen or eaten. They were both so special in their own way.

Turning 30 was not an easy task but when surrounded by such special people it made it memorable and something to try and uphold during the next 10 years.
Love and Hugs to every lady who made me feel so loved and special, I promise to carry all those memories with me from here out.

Just me Martin turning 30.

No comments: